Interested in Joining?
Centurion Battalion has openings available for young people who want to learn about our military and are ambitious, self-disciplined, physically motivated, and have strong academic performance. If this sounds like you, then keep reading. Cadets must meet all eligibility requirements including application, parent/cadet interview, medical screening, and payment of required fees.
Cadets Eligibility Requirements - Cadets Must:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be 10 years of age and not yet reached their 14th birthday for NLCC cadets.
- Be 13 years of age and not yet have reached their 18th birthday for NSCC cadets.
- Have a physical examination and submit NSCC Medical Examination and Medical History forms.
- Be enrolled in school/home schooled and have a satisfactory scholastic standing.
- Have a good moral character and be free of felony/misdemeanor conviction.
- Be single and without child to be enrolled in the NSCC Program.
- Maintain a neat, clean military appearance.
- Wear hair in accordance with Navy regulations and may not have facial hair.
- Attend a minimum of 75% of all drills.
- Participate in physical fitness training and meet physical readiness requirements.
A medical examination similar to a high school sports physical is required for all cadet applicants to the Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) or Navy League Cadet Corps (NLCC). No one will be denied admission to the NSCC/NLCC due to a medical disability. Where a medical condition precludes full, unlimited participation, a Request for Accommodation (NSCADM 015) may be presented by the parent or guardian for review so the cadet may participate in NSCC activities to the maximum extent possible.
Adult applicants must be in good health commensurate with their age group and be free from any ailment or condition that would prevent them from satisfactorily performing their primary duty of supervising youth. NOTE: Adults not physically qualified to perform all duties may still participate with a waiver from NHQ considering the parameters of their expected contribution to the NSCC program
Additionally, Parents and Cadets Must:
- Be interviewed by the Commanding Officer.
- Sign application in the presence of a NSCC officer.
- Sign any hold harmless and release of liability waivers as required by the unit.
- Pay $295 for the first year, and $175 annually for subsequent years, to cover membership and drill activity fees.
NOTE: Advanced training is not mandatory for any cadet. These training have additional costs.
NLCC Trainings: These are typically one week long and cost $120. NLCC cadets are not required to attend any advanced trainings.
NSCC Trainings: These are typically two weeks long and cost $240. NSCC cadets must attend advanced trainings to advance in rank. Two trainings per year are required to maximize advancement.
Parents of prospective cadets can begin the enrollment process by completing the below form. This information will be emailed to the unit Commanding Officer once you press the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page. For other questions, please email the commanding officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional contact information can be found on our UNIT INFO page.